Buy online or through the call center
Buy online or through the call center
The guided tour of the first and second ring will give you a better understanding of the history and the complex architecture of the Colosseum. Our archaeologists and art historians will be able to answer all your questions about this monument, the shows that took place here and the gladiators that took part.
The guided tour of the first and second ring will give you a better understanding of the history and the complex architecture of the Colosseum.
Our archaeologists and art historians will be able to answer all your questions about this monument, the shows that took place here and the gladiators that took part.
- european citizens between 18 and 25 years old
FREE ADMISSION TICKET
- citizens under 18 years old from european union and no-eu countries
- italian permanent teachers or with fix-term contract upon presentation of the suitable certification issued by the schools
- the Archaeological Park of the Colosseum has determined some days during the year with free admission and without pre-sale. For more information, please refer to the page of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- european union’s tour guides in the exercise of their professional activity
- european union’s touristic interpreters in the exercise of their professional activity
- employees of the ministry for cultural heritage and activities
- members of icom (international council of museum)
- members of iccrom (international organization for conservation of cultural heritage)
- european union’s groups and students from public and private eu schools led by one teacher every 10 students, upon reservation
- teachers and students of architecture, conservation of cultural assets, learning sciences and degree courses in literature with archeology or art-history subject areas in the universities and art academies and enrolled in the respective improving schools, specialist studies and phd’s of the above-mentioned courses of every member state of the european union. the ticket is released to the students by showing a certificate of registration in the current academic year
- socrates and erasmus students of the above-mentioned degree courses
- art-history teachers in high-schools
- students of the following schools: central institute of restoration, opificio delle pietre dure, school for mosaic restoration
- journalists enrolled in the national register and journalists coming from any other country, in the performance of their duties and upon presentation of a suitable document proving the professional activity carried out
- people with disabilities and one family member or a helper belonging to the health and social assistance service
- volunteers who carry out promotion and dissemination activities of the cultural heritage, on the basis of the agreements concluded with the ministry, according to art. 112, paragraph 8 of the civil code
- AIRE Italians residing abroad
- first Sunday of each month entrance ticket free for all visitors
The entrance to the Colosseum is at Sperone Valadier.
It is strictly necessary to arrive at the dedicated access gate 15 minutes before the booked time, already in possession of his/her access admission ticket.
- Ticket for Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine valid 24 hours from first use
- Didactic tour in Italian of the Colosseum with fixed departure
- 1 entrance to the Colosseum at the booked time
- 1 open entrance to the Roman Forum, Palatine and Imperial Forum
- Entrance to the temporary exhibitions
- Entrance to the Arena, Underground and III Level of the Colosseum
- Entrance to the SUPER sites visitable
every Saturday and Sunday
11.00, 12.30 and 14.00
January 1st, December 25th
- Reservation required online or through the call center.
- Tickets purchased can not be reimbursed or moved to another date or to another time slot on the same day.
- For all types of tickets (full, reduced and free) only print@home mode will be available (no collection at the cash desk).
The suitability of reduced and free tickets will be verified by access control. If the suitability of the reduced or free access ticket is not matched, a new ticket will be issued, according to availability.
- All minors, including those very young children in strollers, will be required to obtain a free ticket for entry to the Colosseum. The free ticket must be booked in advance online and cannot be obtained directly at the ticket office.
Piazza del Colosseo, Roma
How to reach
Metro: Line B, Colosseum stop
Bus: n. 75 - 81 - 673 - 175 - 204
Tram: n. 3
- The entrances to the monument located along Via Dei Fori Imperiali are equipped with ramps
- The ground floor (first order) of the amphitheatre is accessible to wheelchair users
- The first floor (second order) is accessible by lifts
- Two wheelchairs are available at site, one for the ground floor and one for the first floor
- Suitable toilets are available on site
ROMAN FORUM AND PALATINE
Visitors in wheelchairs must enter from Largo della Salara Vecchia.
Access is allowed only to visitors with disabilities and a companion; if he is part of a group, the other members must enter through the entrance to the Arch of Titus.
- Face masks strongly reccommended. Find out more
- Accesses with restrictions: it is possibile to admit (and can be used by individuals or groups of) up to 50 people (included includes adults, children, guides, escorts, etc).
The visitor, wearing a face mask, must arrive at the Park already in possession of his/her access admission ticket, 15 minutes before the booked access time. At the same time of the purchase, and included in the price of the ticket itself, the visitor will be sent a link to download, on his mobile device, the official App of the Park of the Colosseum, which is essential for the visit of the site. This App, to be activated before accessing the Park, has several functions:
_to communicate clearly and precisely all the procedures to be admitted to the entrance;
_to demonstrate the possession of the access ticket and any services purchased;
_to indicate the routes and the timing to better manage the visit;
_to offer audio content to discover the monuments and areas of the Park.
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray.
- It is forbidden to enter the monument with bottles, glass containers, alcoholic beverages and spray cans
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
From 18 October 2023 the ticket office will open at Largo della Salara Vecchia, for the sale of entrance tickets intended exclusively for non-intermediated individual visitors, until daily availability is exhausted.
The availability of tickets on sale at the ticket offices in Piazza del Colosseo and Largo Salara Vecchia will be doubled.
From 18 October 2023, the obligation to have a nominative ticket will be extended to all types of entrance tickets available on the sales website, at the call center and at physical ticket offices.
At the entrances to the PArCo, the identification document must be kept in sight together with the purchased ticket.
Starting from the 18th October 2023 the Parco archeologico del Colosseo has arranged for the opening of an additional ticket office, located at Largo della Salara Vecchia, for the sale of admission tickets destined exclusively to individual non-mediated visitors, until daily availability is exhausted.
Notice is hereby given that, as of 30 October 2023, tour operators using the B2B channel will be required to enter the name of the users of tickets at the time of purchase, with the possibility of changing it once only, no later than midnight of the third day prior to the date of use of the ticket. Please also note that each operator may purchase a maximum of 500 tickets per day on the B2B channel.
Here it is the press release