Online pre-purchase of the ticket is recommended.
- All EU citizens between the ages of 18 and 25
- EU and non-EU citizens under 18 years of age
- persons with disabilities and one relative or carer registered with the Italian health and social care service;
- EU tourist guides in the course of their professional activity;
- EU tourist interpreters in the course of their professional activity;
- employees of the Sicilian Regional Commission of Cultural Heritage and Sicilian Identity and inspectors of cultural heritage in Sicily;
- ICOM members (International Council of Museums)
- EU public and private school groups by reservation, accompanied by one teacher for every ten pupils;
- teachers and students of architecture, conservation of cultural heritage, educational sciences and undergraduate courses in literature or literary subjects specialising in archaeology or art history at universities and fine arts academies, persons enrolled at the respective finishing or specialist schools or students undertaking research post-graduate courses in the aforementioned subjects in all EU member states. The ticket shall be issued to students upon presentation of proof of enrolment valid for the current academic year;
- art history teachers and students at college institutions, the ticket shall be issued to students upon presentation of proof of enrolment valid for the current academic year;
- journalists enrolled on the Italian register and journalists from any other country in the course of their professional activity and upon presentation of suitable proof of said activity;
- current teachers employed or contracted by Italian schools on presentation of suitable certification issued by the teaching institution
- EU teachers employed at state schools on a permanent contract
- members of voluntary associations carrying out activities – according to agreements signed with the Ministry pursuant to Article 112, paragraph 8 of the Code – to promote and raise awareness of cultural heritage.
- ICCROM members (International Organisation for the Conservation of Cultural Heritage)
Any right to a free admission has to be proved by the ticketing staff by showing document certifying one of the conditions
INTEGRATED TICKET VALLE DEI TEMPLI, ONGOING EXHIBITIONS AND PIETRO GRIFFO MUSEUM
- valid for 3 consecutive days
- it allows only one entrance to the Valley of the Temples and one to the Museum
COMBINED TICKET VALLEY OF THE TEMPLES, ONGOING EXHIBITIONS AND KOLYMBETHRA GARDEN
- allows one entry to the Valley and one to the Kolymbethra Garden on the same day of issue
- Exclusive access to the garden is not allowed as it is mandatory to pass through the ticket offices of the Valley of the Temples
Archaeological and Landscape Park of the Valley of the Temples
- Until 12 September 2021
Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 23.00
Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 8.30 to 24.00
Last admission one hour before closing
- From 13 to 30 September 2021
from Monday to Sunday from 8.30 to 20.00
Last admission one hour before closing
Kolymbethra Garden Hours
open from Monday to Friday
- January, February, November, December: 10.00 am – 2.00 pm
- March, April, October: 9.30am - 5.30pm
- May, June: 10.00 -14.00 | 16.00 - 18.00 (ticket sales close at 16.30)
- July, August: Monday to Thursday 9.30 - 22.00 (ticket sales close at 20.00) | from Friday to Sunday and holidays 9.30 - 24.00 (ticket sales close at 21.30)
- September: 9.30 - 19.30
- from 6 to 12 September 9.30 - 21.30 (last admission at 21.00)
Access from the vicinity of the Temple of the Dioscuri
Last admission 30 minutes before closing
Restricted access. Online pre-purchase of the ticket is recommended
Via Panoramica dei Templi Snc, Agrigento (AG)
How to reach
From Catania Airport - Agrigento: Sais Trasporti Spa
From Palermo Airport - Agrigento: Sal Trasporti
Agrigento: the city buses (lines 1, 2, 2/, 3/) leaving from the bus station in Piazzale Rosselli and the central railway station in Agrigento (Piazza Marconi) reach the Valley of the Temples.
From Palermo (130 km): take the SS121 and exit at Agrigento/SS189. After Aragon follow the signs for the centre of Agrigento or if you want to get directly to the Valley of the Temples, follow the signs for Caltanissetta, Canicattì and take the 640 (Caltanissetta- Porto Empedocle) towards Porto Empedocle. At the roundabout Giunone, under the Temple of Juno, take the tree-lined avenue until you reach the Sant'Anna car park or near the Temple of Juno.
From Trapani/Erice (175km) /Selinunte (99km): take the state road 115. After passing Porto Empedocle follow the signs for Valle dei Templi.
From the Taormina-Catania-Siracusa area: take the Catania-Palermo motorway. After Enna, take the exit towards 640 Caltanisetta/Agrigento following first the sign for Caltanissetta and then Porto Empedocle until you reach the roundabout Giunone under the Temple of Juno. Following the indication Valle dei Templi you arrive at the car park.
From the area of Ragusa: follow the state road 115 until you reach the roundabout Giunone.
from Palermo's central railway station there are 13 trains a day from Monday to Friday, 10 on Saturday, 6 on Sunday. Journey time of about 2 hours. The central railway station of Agrigento is located in Piazza Marconi, in the city centre.
The Archaeological and Landscape Park of the Valley of the Temples of Agrigento places two electric wheelchairs at the disposal of visitors with special needs, to encourage everyone to enjoy and enjoy the Park.
The service is totally free of charge and available only upon reservation within the day before the access to the site.
- Green Pass required from August 6, 2021 to access the site
From August 6th the access to the site is allowed only to persons holding one of the Covid19 Green Pass certifications together with a valid identity document, with reference to the current government provisions in order to cope with the epidemiological emergency from Covid19.
COVID-19 Green Certification is not required for children under 12 years of age and those exempt on the basis of appropriate medical certification.
Find out more
- For visitors to the Archaeological and Landscape Park of the Valley of the Temples who do not have the Greenpass, a hub is available from the Asp of Agrigento at the entrance of the Temple of Juno where it will be possible to take a quick swab.
The service is free and is open every day from 9.00 to 12:45 (last swab at 12.30) and from 15.00 to 20.45 (last swab at 20.30).
From September 15th from 9.00 to 12:45 (last stop at 12.30) and from 15.00 to 19.00 (last stop at 18.45).
- At the entrance your body temperature will be checked through infrared thermometers. The operation will be held in a special triage room placed in the parking area nearby the Temple of Juno ticket office. If a body temperature above 37.5 ° C is registered, you will not be able to enter the Valley.
You will be supported by the security staff if an intervention of the family doctor or the health authority is required.
You must wear the mask both at the entrance and during the entire visit
We remind you that the use of a mask or other nose and mouth covering tool is not mandatory for children under the age of six and for people with disabilities which make the use of the mask incompatible.
- Always keep the safety distance of 1.50 m
- Follow the signage positioned along the routes
- Disinfect your hands, also using the sanitizer dispensers placed at the entrance and nearby the toilets
- Remember that gatherings are prohibited
- The purchase at the ticket office can only be made with cards.
Ticket office Tempio di Giunone_Via Panoramica dei Templi Snc - 92100 Agrigento
Paths of the Valley
- Long path: Entrance from the Temple of Juno ticket office – Walk along the whole Via Sacra – Exit from Porta V ticket office;
- Short path: Entrance from the Temple of Juno ticket office - Walk along the Via Sacra to the Temple of Concordia – Exit back to the Temple of Juno ticket office;