- european citizens between 18 and 25 years old, under the law 28.09.1999 n. 275, and subsequent amendments and additions through ministerial decrees.(austria, belgium, bulgaria, cyprus, croatia, denmark, estonia, finland, france, germany, greece, ireland, italy, latvia, lithuania, luxemburg, malta, the netherlands, poland, portugal, united kingdom, czech republic, romania, slovakia, slovenia, spain, sweden, hungary, swiss confederation, norway, liechtenstein, iceland)
- citizens under 18 years old from european union and no-eu countries
- italian permanent teachers or with fix-term contract upon presentation of the suitable certification issued by the schools
- the Archaeological Park of the Colosseum has determined some days during the year with free admission and without pre-sale. For more information, please refer to the page of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- european union’s tour guides in the exercise of their professional activity
- european union’s touristic interpreters in the exercise of their professional activity
- employees of the ministry for cultural heritage and activities
- members of icom (international council of museum)
- members of iccrom (international organization for conservation of cultural heritage)
- european union’s groups and students from public and private eu schools led by one teacher every 10 students, upon reservation
- teachers and students of architecture, conservation of cultural assets, learning sciences and degree courses in literature with archeology or art-history subject areas in the universities and art academies and enrolled in the respective improving schools, specialist studies and phd’s of the above-mentioned courses of every member state of the european union. the ticket is released to the students by showing a certificate of registration in the current academic year
- socrates and erasmus students of the above-mentioned degree courses
- art-history teachers in high-schools
- students of the following schools: central institute of restoration, opificio delle pietre dure, school for mosaic restoration
- journalists enrolled in the national register and journalists coming from any other country, in the performance of their duties and upon presentation of a suitable document proving the professional activity carried out
- people with disabilities and one family member or a helper belonging to the health and social assistance service
- volunteers who carry out promotion and dissemination activities of the cultural heritage, on the basis of the agreements concluded with the ministry, according to art. 112, paragraph 8 of the civil code
- Entrance ticket to the site
from 1 January to 28 February: 9.30-16.30
from 1 to 26 March: 9.00-17.30
from 27 March to 30 September: 9.00-19.15
1 January, 25 December
- Audioguide available in Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Chinese
- Buy entrance tickets online or at the ticket offices
- For Roma Pass holders, the reservation is recommended. Reservation fee € 2.00.
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla, 52 - Roma
How to reach
The closest metro station Circo Massimo (line B)
The following bus routes pass within walking distance of the Baths: 760 and 628
The site is wheelchair accessible.
The site is equipped with parking for visitors with specific badge; there are suitable toilets.
- Face masks strongly reccommended. Find out more
- Admissions are subject to restrictions
- The route is preceded and accompanied by information signs and disinfectant dispensers.
- A thermoscanner has been installed at the entrance controlled by the Control Room.
- The route, one-way and with a different exit from the entrance (from the Pool), is illustrated by a plan that will be downloaded by the visitor at the time of ticket purchase.
Download the plan