- european citizens between 18 and 25 years old. The age limit within which it is possible to benefit from the benefit must be considered exceeded from the day following the day of the child's 25th birthday, and non-EU countries holding a regular residence permit issued for the reasons indicated on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
local tariff at 50% of the regular full price ticket for
- all residents of Tivoli and neighbouring Municipalities (Castel Madama, Guidonia Montecelio, Marcellina, San Polo dei Cavalieri, San Gregorio da Sassola, Vicovaro)
- citizens under 18 years of the European Community and non-EU citizens
- Italian teaching staff of the permanent school or with a fixed-term contract upon presentation of appropriate certification issued by the educational institutions
- citizens of Tivoli and neighbouring municipalities (Castel Madama, Guidonia Montecelio, Marcellina, San Polo dei Cavalieri, San Gregorio da Sassola, Vicovaro, with the exception of Rome) every Monday
- European Union tour guides in the exercise of their professional activity
- tourist interpreters from the European Union in the exercise of their professional activity
employees of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities
- members of ICOM (International Council of Museum)
- members of ICCROM (International organization for conservation of cultural heritage)
- groups or groups of students from public and public schools in the European Union by prior booking accompanied by a teacher for every 10 pupils
- teachers and students of the faculties of Architecture, Conservation of Cultural Heritage, Educational Sciences and degree courses in Literature or Literary Subjects with archaeological or historical-artistic subjects of universities and academies of fine arts and enrolled in their respective schools of specialization, specialization and PhD students in the above disciplines of ALL the member countries of the European Union. The ticket is issued to students by exhibiting the certificate of enrolment for the current academic year.
Socrates and Erasmus students of the above disciplines
- Art History teachers of high school schools;- students of the schools of: Central Institute for Restoration, Opificio delle Pietre Dure, Mosaic Restoration School
- employees of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage
- journalists enrolled in the national register and journalists from any other country, in the performance of their duties and upon presentation of suitable documentary evidence of their professional activity
- handicapped persons and a family member or companion belonging to the social-health care services
operators of voluntary associations that carry out, on the basis of existing agreements stipulated with the Ministry, pursuant to art. 112, paragraph 8, of the Code, activities to promote and spread knowledge of cultural heritage
- first Sunday of each month free for all visitors
- from 1 March to 31 October
- mandatory for EU and non-EU schools
- cost per capita per student for a maximum of 30 students
- teachers are excluded
- for EU schools it is associated with the free ticket
INTEGRATED TICKET VILLA D'ESTE + SANTUARIO DI ERCOLE VINCITORE
Combo ticket can be purchased online on the page of the first site you wish to visit, choosing the time of entry. Please note: in order to access the second site, you will need to enter the purchase screens of the second site, choosing a timetable and enter the option "Free ticket for Ercole Vincitore-Villa D'este"combo ticket holders
If you do not reserve the time of the second site, you will be able to access the first time available
We suggest you to take a 2 and a half hours break between the first and the second visit.
VILLAE PASS TIVOLI
Villae Pass Tivoli is the single ticket to discover the wonders of Tivoli: Villa Adriana , Villa d’Este, Santuario di Ercole Vincitore and Mensa Ponderaria.
- Villae Pass Tivoli includes:
_one entrance in each site
_discount on events and activities of the Villae
_discount on bookshop services, visits and audio guides
- The card is valid for 3 days
The card is personal and non-transferable
It is activated upon access to the first site
VILLE DI TIVOLI LINK
- For those who choose to use the new Trenitalia Ville di Tivoli Link combined transport service, there is a reduction of € 2.00 on the full admission ticket.
- To take advantage of the reduction, visitors must present one of the following types of Trenitalia travel tickets at the ticket office:
Trenitalia single regional ticket at fare 39/8 / LAZIO or with supraregional application used and validated to reach Bagni di Tivoli or Tivoli station on the same day as the site is entered.
Entrance and exit on Piazza Trento.
Mandatory exit from Piazza Campitelli on first Sunday of Mouth.
- Entrance to Villa d'Este
- Entrance to any exhibitions in progress
from 29 October 2023 to 28 January 2024
8.45am – 5.15pm (last entry 4.15pm, garden closing 4.45pm)
from 29 January to 25 February 2024
8.45am – 5.45pm (last entry 4.45pm, garden closing 5.15pm)
from 26 February to 30 March 2024
8.45am – 6.45pm (last entry 5.45pm, garden closing at 6.30pm)
from 31 March to 15 September 2024
8.45am – 7.45pm (last entry 6.45pm, garden closing at 7.30pm)
In the case of public holidays on Mondays the opening is from 8.45am and on the following Tuesday from 2.00pm.
25 December, from 9.30 to 12.30
1 January, from 9.00 to 17.00 (last entry at 16.00)
2 January opening from 2.00 pm
1 January and 25 December, with the exception of special occasions
Mandatory booking of the School Pass from 1 March to 31 October
_€ 1.00 per student
_free for accompanying teachers and students with a diagnosis of disability
Each school pass booking cannot exceed 25 people (including accompanying persons)
The entrance ticket to the site is subject to a fee for teachers and students over 18 from no-eu countries
Online booking, via call center or at the ticket office subject to availability
- The water organ of the Fountain of the Organ is activated daily from 10.30 a.m. onwards, every two hours.
- Certain parts of the Villa may be closed for restoration work; ask at the Ticket Office for information. Pay particular attention to areas where danger signs have been affixed.
- Should the river Aniene become swollen due to heavy rainfall, the water supply of the Villa fountains could be temporarily shut off for a few days.
- Buy online
Piazza Trento, 5 - Tivoli (RM)
How to reach
From Rome: Take the A24 motorway, exit at the Tivoli toll booth, then proceed along the Maremmana Inferiore road until you reach the junction with Via Tiburtina. Now head towards the centre of Tivoli. Alternatively, you can take via Tiburtina directly.
From L’Aquila: Take the A24 motorway and exit at the Castel Madama toll booth. Proceed along via Empolitana, then via Acquaregna and follow the directions for the town centre. Pay attention to the restricted traffic areas.
Parking facilities: There is a multi-storey car park the near Rocca Pia a few hundred meters from Villa d’Este and another parking lot in Piazza Garibaldi (both subject to a parking fee).
from Rome: Take the subway, Metro B, and get off at the station of Ponte Mammolo, then take the Co.Tra.L. bus via Prenestina or via Tiburtina or via motorway (preferable) to Tivoli. Get off at the Largo delle Nazioni Unite stop (near Piazza Garibaldi) and proceed on foot for a short distance.
from Villa Adriana: local bus CAT 4, bus Co. Tra.L. via Tiburtina about one kilometer from the site of Villa Adriana
from Stazione Termini or from Stazione Tiburtina until reaching the railway station of Tivoli. Now proceed on foot following the directions for Villa d’Este
VILLE DI TIVOLI LINK
from the square in front of the Bagni di Tivoli railway station direct bus connection to Villa d'Este. More information on the Trenitalia - CAT Tivoli combined service.
- Face masks strongly reccommended. Find out more
- Palace tour itinerary
- Garden tour itinenary
- Preventive measures to contain the spread of Covid-19
- Covid-19 self-certification