Admission ticket for single visitors valid for 24 hours. ATTENTION: As of 20 February 2024 for tickets purchased on the B2C channel, it will be possible to change the name of the ticket holder, once only, no later than midnight on the seventh day prior to the date of use of the ticket. To make the change click on the following link and follow the instructions: From 18 October 2023 the ticket office will open at Largo della Salara Vecchia, for the sale of entrance tickets intended exclusively for non-intermediated individual visitors, until daily availability is exhausted. Here it is the press release The free ticket will have the same duration as the ticket with which it is associated, i.e. 24 hours for ordinary ticket and two days for Full Experience ticket (Arena and/or Underground). The booking procedure of free tickets for the “FORUM PASS SUPER” is unchanged and the purchase must be made online.
Accesses with restrictions. Reservation required online and by phone also for the same day of the visit.
The availability of tickets on sale at the ticket offices in Piazza del Colosseo and Largo Salara Vecchia will be doubled.
From 18 October 2023, the obligation to have a nominative ticket will be extended to all types of entrance tickets available on the sales website, at the call center and at physical ticket offices.
At the entrances to the PArCo, the identification document must be kept in sight together with the purchased ticket.
Starting from the 18th October 2023 the Parco archeologico del Colosseo has arranged for the opening of an additional ticket office, located at Largo della Salara Vecchia, for the sale of admission tickets destined exclusively to individual non-mediated visitors, until daily availability is exhausted.
Notice is hereby given that, as of 30 October 2023, tour operators using the B2B channel will be required to enter the name of the users of tickets at the time of purchase, with the possibility of changing it once only, no later than midnight of the third day prior to the date of use of the ticket. Please also note that each operator may purchase a maximum of 500 tickets per day on the B2B channel.
Admission ticket for single visitors valid for 24 hours.
As of 20 February 2024 for tickets purchased on the B2C channel, it will be possible to change the name of the ticket holder, once only, no later than midnight on the seventh day prior to the date of use of the ticket.
To make the change click on the following link and follow the instructions:
From 18 October 2023 the ticket office will open at Largo della Salara Vecchia, for the sale of entrance tickets intended exclusively for non-intermediated individual visitors, until daily availability is exhausted.
Here it is the press release
The free ticket will have the same duration as the ticket with which it is associated, i.e. 24 hours for ordinary ticket and two days for Full Experience ticket (Arena and/or Underground).
The booking procedure of free tickets for the “FORUM PASS SUPER” is unchanged and the purchase must be made online.
- young people aged between 18 and 25 from the European Community, from non-EU countries with reciprocity agreements and from non-EU countries holding a regular residence permit issued for the reasons indicated on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.The age limit within which you can enjoy the benefit must be considered the day following that of the 25th birthday
Every visitor who is entitled to free tickets according to the law (https://www.beniculturali.it/agevolazioni), whether individuals or part of groups with a guide, will be able to collect the free ticket at the cash desks located inside the Colosseum and at the ticket office in Largo della Salara Vecchia, where dedicated cash desks will be set up.
Individual visitors who are entitled to free tickets according to the law (https://www.beniculturali.it/agevolazioni) can also collect their tickets at the ticket office at the Temple of Venus and Rome.
Holders of the free admission tickets reserved in this way, will be received as usual in the manner provided for eligible persons, and possibly associated with booked full and reduced at a scheduled time.
Free school tickets will have to be reserved, as usual, in the availabilities dedicated to the schools.
- citizens under 18 years old from european union and no-eu countries
- italian permanent teachers or with fix-term contract upon presentation of the suitable certification issued by the schools
- the Archaeological Park of the Colosseum has determined some days during the year with free admission and without pre-sale. For more information, please refer to the page of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- european union’s tour guides in the exercise of their professional activity
- european union’s touristic interpreters in the exercise of their professional activity
- employees of the ministry for cultural heritage and activities
- members of icom (international council of museum)
- members of iccrom (international organization for conservation of cultural heritage)
- european union’s groups and students from public and private eu schools led by one teacher every 10 students, upon reservation
- teachers and students of architecture, conservation of cultural assets, learning sciences and degree courses in literature with archeology or art-history subject areas in the universities and art academies and enrolled in the respective improving schools, specialist studies and phd’s of the above-mentioned courses of every member state of the european union. the ticket is released to the students by showing a certificate of registration in the current academic year
- socrates and erasmus students of the above-mentioned degree courses
- art-history teachers in high-schools
- students of the following schools: central institute of restoration, opificio delle pietre dure, school for mosaic restoration
- journalists enrolled in the national register and journalists coming from any other country, in the performance of their duties and upon presentation of a suitable document proving the professional activity carried out
- people with disabilities and one family member or a helper belonging to the health and social assistance service
- volunteers who carry out promotion and dissemination activities of the cultural heritage, on the basis of the agreements concluded with the ministry, according to art. 112, paragraph 8 of the civil code
- first Sunday of each month free for all visitors free for all visitors, only at the ticket office without reservation
April 25th, June 2nd and November 4th free for all visitors, only at the ticket office without reservation
- from 4 to 7 May and on 14 May for participants in the Race for the Cure event (with registration receipt, race bib or Komen Card).
- October 2023 for KOMEN ITALIA donors with appropriate accreditation
- March 8 for all women, for "International Women's Day"
TICKET R.A.P. (reduced Amici del Parco)
- Gates of the Colosseum
At Sperone Valadier.
It is strictly necessary to arrive at the dedicated access gate 15 minutes before the booked time, already in possession of his/her access admission ticket.
- Gates of the Roman Forum, Palatine Hill and Imperial Forum
Entrances: Arco di Tito and Varco Vignola in Via di San Gregorio, Colonna Traiana Via dei Fori Imperiali
Exits: Largo della Salara Vecchia, Arco di Tito, Varco Vignola in Via di San Gregorio, Via Petroselli, Colonna Traiana Via dei Fori Imperiali
- Ticket valid 24 hours from first use
- 1 entrance to the Colosseum at the booked time
- 1 open entrance to the Roman Forum, Palatine and Imperial Forum
- Admission to temporary exhibitions
- Entrance to the Arena, Underground and III Level of the Colosseum
- Entrance to the SUPER sites visitable
The Colosseum an the Roman forum/Palatine/Imperial forum are open every day
January 1 to February 29: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
March 1 to March 30: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
March 31 to September 30: 8:30 AM – 7:15 PM
October 1 to October 26: 8:30 AM – 6:30 PM
October 27 to December 31: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Forum and Palatine:
January 1 to February 29: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
March 1 to March 30: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
March 31 to September 30: 9:00 AM – 7:15 PM
October 1 to October 26: 9:00 AM – 6:30 PM
October 27 to December 31: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Last admission one hour before closing.
ROMA PASS HOLDERS
- For Roma Pass holders, the reservation for entry to the Colosseum is mandatory. Reservation fee € 2.00.
- If the visitor arrives at the entrance without the Roma Pass ticket, it will not be possible to access the monument, even if the visitor has the reservation.
- Reserve your entrance
- It is possibile to admit to the Colosseum individuals or groups of up to 50 people (including adults, children, guides, escorts), adequately spaced, who will enter every 15 minutes.No one can be added over 50.
- The pre-sale of the admission tickets for individual visitors and groups is bound to a precise time. The reservation is mandatory.
- The guides with groups from 10 people have to use their own whispers.
- Compulsory booking of tickets online or by phone, even on the same day.
- Tickets purchased can not be reimbursed or moved to another date or to another time slot on the same day.
- For all types of tickets (full, reduced) only print@home mode will be available (no collection at the cash desk).
The suitability of reduced and free tickets will be verified by access control. If the suitability of the reduced or free access ticket is not matched, a new ticket will be issued, according to availability.
- All minors, including those very young children in strollers, will be required to obtain a free ticket for entry to the Colosseum. The free ticket must be collected directly on site on the day of the visit
Piazza del Colosseo, Roma
How to reach
Metro: Line B, Colosseum stop
Bus: n. 75 - 81 - 673 - 175 - 204
Tram: n. 3
- The entrances to the monument located along Via Dei Fori Imperiali are equipped with ramps
- The ground floor (first order) of the amphitheatre is accessible to wheelchair users
- The first floor (second order) is accessible by lifts
- Two wheelchairs are available at site, one for the ground floor and one for the first floor
- Suitable toilets are available on site
ROMAN FORUM AND PALATINE
- Face masks strongly reccommended. Find out
- Accesses with restrictions: it is possibile to admit (and can be used by individuals or groups of) up to 50 people (included includes adults, children, guides, escorts, etc).
- Le guide nell'esercizio della loro funzione, qualora accompagnino un gruppo superiore ai 9 visitatori, dovranno obbligatoriamente utilizzare i whisper che dovranno essere di loro proprietà.
L'utilizzo dei wisper è sempre obbligatorio per la visita ai Sotterranei.
The visitor, wearing a face mask, must arrive at the Park already in possession of his/her access admission ticket, 15 minutes before the booked access time. At the same time of the purchase, and included in the price of the ticket itself, the visitor will be sent a link to download, on his mobile device, the official App of the Park of the Colosseum, which is essential for the visit of the site. This App, to be activated before accessing the Park, has several functions:
_to communicate clearly and precisely all the procedures to be admitted to the entrance;
_to demonstrate the possession of the access ticket and any services purchased;
_to indicate the routes and the timing to better manage the visit;
_to offer audio content to discover the monuments and areas of the Park.
- The routes will be accessible through special signs and APPs
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray.
- It is forbidden to enter the monument with bottles, glass containers, alcoholic beverages and spray cans
- Comfortable shoes are recommended