Admission ticket for single visitors valid for 24 hours.
Accesses with restrictions. Reservation required online and by phone also for the same day of the visit.
Admission ticket for single visitors valid for 24 hours.
- european citizens between 18 and 25 years old
Free tickets for ordinary Colosseum/Roman Forum/Palatine will be available online, without reservation fee, in open mode.
The free admission ticket will be linked to the date of visit while it will be open for the entrance time, from the opening time to the closing time of the site access gates.
Holders of the free admission tickets reserved in this way, will be received as usual in the manner provided for eligible persons, and possibly associated with booked full and reduced at a scheduled time.
Free school tickets will have to be reserved, as usual, in the availabilities dedicated to the schools.
- citizens under 18 years old from european union and no-eu countries
- italian permanent teachers or with fix-term contract upon presentation of the suitable certification issued by the schools
- the Archaeological Park of the Colosseum has determined some days during the year with free admission and without pre-sale. For more information, please refer to the page of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- european union’s tour guides in the exercise of their professional activity
- european union’s touristic interpreters in the exercise of their professional activity
- employees of the ministry for cultural heritage and activities
- members of icom (international council of museum)
- members of iccrom (international organization for conservation of cultural heritage)
- european union’s groups and students from public and private eu schools led by one teacher every 10 students, upon reservation
- teachers and students of architecture, conservation of cultural assets, learning sciences and degree courses in literature with archeology or art-history subject areas in the universities and art academies and enrolled in the respective improving schools, specialist studies and phd’s of the above-mentioned courses of every member state of the european union. the ticket is released to the students by showing a certificate of registration in the current academic year
- socrates and erasmus students of the above-mentioned degree courses
- art-history teachers in high-schools
- students of the following schools: central institute of restoration, opificio delle pietre dure, school for mosaic restoration
- journalists enrolled in the national register and journalists coming from any other country, in the performance of their duties and upon presentation of a suitable document proving the professional activity carried out
- people with disabilities and one family member or a helper belonging to the health and social assistance service
- volunteers who carry out promotion and dissemination activities of the cultural heritage, on the basis of the agreements concluded with the ministry, according to art. 112, paragraph 8 of the civil code
- AIRE Italians residing abroad
- first Sunday of each month free for all visitors
TICKET R.A.P. (reduced Amici del Parco)
- Gates of the Colosseum
At Sperone Valadier.
It is strictly necessary to arrive at the dedicated access gate 15 minutes before the booked time, already in possession of his/her access admission ticket.
- Gates of the Roman Forum, Palatine Hill and Imperial Forum
Entrances: Arco di Tito and Varco Vignola in Via di San Gregorio, Colonna Traiana Via dei Fori Imperiali
Exits: Largo della Salara Vecchia, Arco di Tito, Varco Vignola in Via di San Gregorio, Via Petroselli, Colonna Traiana Via dei Fori Imperiali
- Ticket valid 24 hours from first use
- 1 entrance to the Colosseum at the booked time
- 1 open entrance to the Roman Forum, Palatine and Imperial Forum
- Admission to temporary exhibitions
- Entrance to the Arena, Underground and III Level of the Colosseum
- Entrance to the SUPER sites visitable
The Colosseum an the Roman forum/Palatine/Imperial forum are open every day
from 1 January to 28 February 9.00 - 16.30
from 1 to 26 March 9.00 - 17.30
from 27 March to 31 August 9.00am - 7.15pm
from 1 September to 30 September 9.00 - 19.00
from 1 to 29 October 9.00 - 18.30
from 30 October to 31 December 9.00 - 16.30
Last admission one hour before closing
ROMA PASS HOLDERS
- For Roma Pass holders, the reservation for entry to the Colosseum is mandatory. Reservation fee € 2.00.
- If the visitor arrives at the entrance without the Roma Pass ticket, it will not be possible to access the monument, even if the visitor has the reservation.
- Reserve your entrance
- It is possibile to admit to the Colosseum individuals or groups of up to 50 people (including adults, children, guides, escorts), adequately spaced, who will enter every 15 minutes.No one can be added over 50.
- The pre-sale of the admission tickets for individual visitors and groups is bound to a precise time. The reservation is mandatory.
- The guides with groups from 10 people have to use their own whispers.
- Accesses with restrictions. Reservation required online or by phone, even on the same day of the visit.
- Tickets purchased can not be reimbursed or moved to another date or to another time slot on the same day.
- For all types of tickets (full, reduced and free) only [email protected] mode will be available (no collection at the cash desk).
- The suitability of reduced and free tickets will be verified by access control. If the suitability of the reduced or free access ticket is not matched, a new ticket will be issued, according to availability.
- All minors, including those very young children in strollers, will be required to obtain a free ticket for entry to the Colosseum. The free ticket must be booked in advance online and cannot be obtained directly at the ticket office.
Piazza del Colosseo, Roma
How to reach
Metro: Line B, Colosseum stop
Bus: n. 75 - 81 - 673 - 175 - 204
Tram: n. 3
- The entrances to the monument located along Via Dei Fori Imperiali are equipped with ramps
- The ground floor (first order) of the amphitheatre is accessible to wheelchair users
- The first floor (second order) is accessible by lifts
- Two wheelchairs are available at site, one for the ground floor and one for the first floor
- Suitable toilets are available on site
ROMAN FORUM AND PALATINE
- Face masks strongly reccommended. Find out
- Accesses with restrictions: it is possibile to admit (and can be used by individuals or groups of) up to 50 people (included includes adults, children, guides, escorts, etc).
- Le guide nell'esercizio della loro funzione, qualora accompagnino un gruppo superiore ai 9 visitatori, dovranno obbligatoriamente utilizzare i whisper che dovranno essere di loro proprietà.
L'utilizzo dei wisper è sempre obbligatorio per la visita ai Sotterranei.
The visitor, wearing a face mask, must arrive at the Park already in possession of his/her access admission ticket, 15 minutes before the booked access time. At the same time of the purchase, and included in the price of the ticket itself, the visitor will be sent a link to download, on his mobile device, the official App of the Park of the Colosseum, which is essential for the visit of the site. This App, to be activated before accessing the Park, has several functions:
_to communicate clearly and precisely all the procedures to be admitted to the entrance;
_to demonstrate the possession of the access ticket and any services purchased;
_to indicate the routes and the timing to better manage the visit;
_to offer audio content to discover the monuments and areas of the Park.
- The routes will be accessible through special signs and APPs
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray.
- It is forbidden to enter the monument with bottles, glass containers, alcoholic beverages and spray cans
- Comfortable shoes are recommended