The Full Experience Ticket is valid for 2 days from the first use
The Full Experience Ticket is valid for 2 days from the first use
- european citizens between 18 and 25 years old, under the law 28.09.1999 n. 275, and subsequent amendments and additions through ministerial decrees.(austria, belgium, bulgaria, cyprus, croatia, denmark, estonia, finland, france, germany, greece, ireland, italy, latvia, lithuania, luxemburg, malta, the netherlands, poland, portugal, united kingdom, czech republic, romania, slovakia, slovenia, spain, sweden, hungary, swiss confederation, norway, liechtenstein, iceland)
FREE ADMISSION TICKET
- citizens under 18 years old from european union and no-eu countries
- italian permanent teachers or with fix-term contract upon presentation of the suitable certification issued by the schools
- the Archaeological Park of the Colosseum has determined some days during the year with free admission and without pre-sale. For more information, please refer to the page of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- european union’s tour guides in the exercise of their professional activity
- european union’s touristic interpreters in the exercise of their professional activity
- employees of the ministry for cultural heritage and activities
- members of icom (international council of museum)
- members of iccrom (international organization for conservation of cultural heritage)
- european union’s groups and students from public and private eu schools led by one teacher every 10 students, upon reservation
- teachers and students of architecture, conservation of cultural assets, learning sciences and degree courses in literature with archeology or art-history subject areas in the universities and art academies and enrolled in the respective improving schools, specialist studies and phd’s of the above-mentioned courses of every member state of the european union. the ticket is released to the students by showing a certificate of registration in the current academic year
- socrates and erasmus students of the above-mentioned degree courses
- art-history teachers in high-schools
- students of the following schools: central institute of restoration, opificio delle pietre dure, school for mosaic restoration
- journalists enrolled in the national register and journalists coming from any other country, in the performance of their duties and upon presentation of a suitable document proving the professional activity carried out
- people with disabilities and one family member or a helper belonging to the health and social assistance service
- volunteers who carry out promotion and dissemination activities of the cultural heritage, on the basis of the agreements concluded with the ministry, according to art. 112, paragraph 8 of the civil code
The entrance to the Colosseum is through the Sperone Valadier.
It is strictly necessary to arrive at the dedicated access gate 15 minutes before the booked time, already in possession of his/her access admission ticket.
- 1 entrance to the Colosseum with access to the Arena
- 1 entrance to the Roman Forum and Palatine
- Entrance to the S.U.P.E.R. sites open (Oratorio dei Quaranta Martiri, Museo Palatino relativamente al I livello, Esterno di casa di Augusto, Schola Praeconum)
- Entrance to the temporary exhibitions
- Entrance to the Underground and III Level of the Colosseum
- Didactic Tour
- The Colosseum is open every day from 1st to 30th September 9.30am - 7.00pm, last admission one hour before closing time.
- The Arena of the Colosseum is open every day.
- The S.U.P.E.R. sites currently open to visitors, they are open from 10:00 am to 6:15 pm (last admission 6:00 pm).
- The Arena of the Colosseum is cloosed during the free days.
- The S.U.P.E.R. sites are closed on December 25, January 1, May 1, during the free days.
Due to Covid19, not all S.U.P.E.R. sites are currently accessible.
- Reservation required online and by phone also for the same day of the visit.
- Tickets purchased can not be reimbursed or moved to another date or to another time slot on the same day.
- For all types of tickets (full, reduced and free) only print@home mode will be available (no collection at the cash desk).
The suitability of reduced and free tickets will be verified by access control. If the suitability of the reduced or free access ticket is not matched, a new ticket will be issued, according to availability.
- All minors, including those very young children in strollers, will be required to obtain a free ticket for entry to the Colosseum. The free ticket must be booked in advance online and cannot be obtained directly at the ticket office.
Piazza del Colosseo, Roma
How to reach
Metro: Line B, Colosseum stop
Bus: n. 75 - 81 - 673 - 175 - 204
Tram: n. 3
- The entrances to the monument located along Via Dei Fori Imperiali are equipped with ramps
- The ground floor (first order) of the amphitheatre is accessible to wheelchair users
- The first floor (second order) is accessible by lifts
- Two wheelchairs are available at site, one for the ground floor and one for the first floor
- Suitable toilets are available on site
ROMAN FORUM AND PALATINE
Visitors in wheelchairs must enter from Largo della Salara Vecchia.
Access is allowed only to visitors with disabilities and a companion; if he is part of a group, the other members must enter through the entrance to the Arch of Titus.
- Green Pass required from August 6, 2021 to access the site
From August 6th the access to the site is allowed only to persons holding one of the Covid19 Green Pass certifications together with a valid identity document, with reference to the current government provisions in order to cope with the epidemiological emergency from Covid19.
COVID-19 Green Certification is not required for children under 12 years of age and those exempt on the basis of appropriate medical certification.
If you do not have a Green Pass and a valid identity document, you will not be able to access the Parco area sites and your ticket will not be refunded.
Find out more
- Accesses with restrictions to the Arena: it is possibile to admit (and can be used by individuals or groups of) up to 25 people (included includes adults, children, guides, escorts, etc), adequately spaced.
- The guides with groups from 9 people have to use their own whispers. The use of wisper is always mandatory for the visit to the Underground.
The visitor, wearing a face mask, must arrive at the Park already in possession of his/her access admission ticket, 15 minutes before the booked access time. At the same time of the purchase, and included in the price of the ticket itself, the visitor will be sent a link to download, on his mobile device, the official App of the Park of the Colosseum, which is essential for the visit of the site. This App, to be activated before accessing the Park, has several functions:
_to communicate clearly and precisely all the procedures to be admitted to the entrance;
_to demonstrate the possession of the access ticket and any services purchased;
_to indicate the routes and the timing to better manage the visit;
_to offer audio content to discover the monuments and areas of the Park.
- At the entrance your body temperature will be checked. If a body temperature above 37.5 ° C is registered, you will not be allowed to enter the site.
- Inside the site it will be compulsory to wear personal protective equipment.
- Along the route of the visit will be set up indicators for the distancing
- It is necessary to maintain a distance of 1.80 meters between visitors at all times
- The routes will be accessible through special signs and APPs
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray.
- It is forbidden to enter the monument with bottles, glass containers, alcoholic beverages and spray cans
- Comfortable shoes are recommended