Educational visit to the Ex Carcere Borbonico of Avellino, the most important historic buildings in Irpinia, strategically located in the city center and now houses Museo del Risorgimento Irpino, the Provincial Art Gallery, the Lapidary, educational spaces, exhibition halls and an auditorium for conferences.
You could choose beetween different guided tour:
- Museo del Risorgimento Irpino, perfect for discover the national and local history
- Galleria dei Ritratti, with the portraits of the most illustrious Irpinia citizens who contributed to the unification of Italy
- Deposito del museo, a real "behind the scenes", to know the story collections (archaeological and historical), conservation problems, how is carried out the research, cataloging and inventorying
- Monumental Complex Ex Carcere Borbonico, discovering of its original function as a place of detention. A unique and singular tour through history, architecture and social life
- Museo Archeologico, which houses a rich archaeological collection from the Paleolithic to the Late Roman Age.
In addiction to the general guided tour, are available themed itineraries related to the different sections of the museum