- children between 6 and 17 years old
- people over 65 years old
- university students up to 26 years of age
- minors between 0 and 5 years of age
- disabled people and their companion
- European Union tourist guides in the exercise of their professional activity by showing a valid licence
members of the I.C.O.M. (International Council of Museums)
- university professors and researchers in subjects related to archaeology and cultural heritage, by exhibition of document
- postgraduate and PhD courses related to archaeology and cultural heritage, by showing the certificate of enrolment or the university libretto valid for the current academic year
- journalists by exhibiting a document regarding the publication of articles or reviews on the museum collections and/or on the territory for reasons of study or research previously authorised by the competent Superintendence department
- Inspectors and Honorary Conservators of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities Members of the I.C.C.R.O.M.
- archaeologists of the central and peripheral offices of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities through the presentation of a suitable document
- freelance archaeologists by presentation of a relevant document
The ticket includes Tharros Archaeological Area + "Giovanni Marongiu" Civic Museum
or Tharros Archaeological Area + Torre Spagnola of San Giovanni in Sinis
or Tharros Archaeological Area + "Giovanni Marongiu" Civic Museum + Torre Spagnola of San Giovanni in Sinis
- Entrance to Tharros Archaeological Area
- from November to March
from Tuesday to Sunday 09.00 -17.00
From April 1st to May 31st
From Monday to Sunday from 9.00 to 18.00 with last entry at 17.15
June, July and September
From Monday to Sunday from 9.00 to 19.00 with last entry at 18.15
From August 1st to August 31st
From Monday to Sunday from 9.00 to 20.00 with last entry at 19.15
Monday, December 25th, January 1st
Tickets purchased can not be reimbursed or moved to another date or to another time slot on the same day.
Località Tharros, San Giovanni di Sinis, Cabras (OR)
How to reach
By train: the nearest railway station is Oristano, approx. 6 km from Cabras.
By bus: regional buses connect Oristano to Tharros during summertime.
In July and August regional buses from Oristano stop at Cabras.
By car: SS 131 (exit ORISTANO NORD), follow the directions for Cabras and San Giovanni di Sinis-Tharros.
Parking facilities are available in San Giovanni di Sinis, not far from the archaeological area (approx. 500-800 metres).
From Easter to September, possibility to reach the entrance by panoramic tourist train
The site is partially wheelchair accessible.
Face masks strongly reccommended. Find out more