Advance booking on line or through call center
- children between 6 and 17 years old
- people over 65 years old
- university students up to 26 years of age
- minors between 0 and 5 years of age
- disabled people and their companion
- European Union tourist guides in the exercise of their professional activity by showing a valid licence
members of the I.C.O.M. (International Council of Museums)
- university professors and researchers in subjects related to archaeology and cultural heritage, by exhibition of document
- postgraduate and PhD courses related to archaeology and cultural heritage, by showing the certificate of enrolment or the university libretto valid for the current academic year
- journalists by exhibiting a document regarding the publication of articles or reviews on the museum collections and/or on the territory for reasons of study or research previously authorised by the competent Superintendence department
- Inspectors and Honorary Conservators of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities Members of the I.C.C.R.O.M.
- archaeologists of the central and peripheral offices of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities through the presentation of a suitable document
- freelance archaeologists by presentation of a relevant document
The ticket includes Tharros Archaeological Area + "Giovanni Marongiu" Civic Museum
or Tharros Archaeological Area + Torre Spagnola of San Giovanni in Sinis
or Tharros Archaeological Area + "Giovanni Marongiu" Civic Museum + Torre Spagnola of San Giovanni in Sinis
- Entrance to Tharros Archaeological Area
From 8 February to 31 March 2021 open from Monday to Friday
from November to March:
April, May, October:
June, July, September:
09.00 - 20.00
25 December, 1 January
Tickets purchased can not be reimbursed or moved to another date or to another time slot on the same day.
Località Tharros, San Giovanni di Sinis, Cabras (OR)
How to reach
By train: the nearest railway station is Oristano, approx. 6 km from Cabras.
By bus: regional buses connect Oristano to Tharros during summertime.
In July and August regional buses from Oristano stop at Cabras.
By car: SS 131 (exit ORISTANO NORD), follow the directions for Cabras and San Giovanni di Sinis-Tharros.
Parking facilities are available in San Giovanni di Sinis, not far from the archaeological area (approx. 500-800 metres).
From Easter to September, possibility to reach the entrance by panoramic tourist train
The site is partially wheelchair accessible.
- Green Pass required from August 6, 2021 to access the site
From August 6th the access to the site is allowed only to persons holding one of the Covid19 Green Pass certifications together with a valid identity document, with reference to the current government provisions in order to cope with the epidemiological emergency from Covid19.
COVID-19 Green Certification is not required for children under 12 years of age and those exempt on the basis of appropriate medical certification.
If you do not have a Green Pass and a valid identity document, you will not be able to access the Parco area sites and your ticket will not be refunded.
Find out more
- To have access to the site it is mandatory to book by phoning +39 0783 370019. It is also possible to buy tickets online
- Access to the archaeological area of Tharros will be denied to persons showing flu-like symptoms, with a body temperature of 37,5° C or more, and to persons who had close contact with someone who tested positive for covid-19 in last 14 days.
- A maximum of 100 visitors at a time will be allowed into the site. In order to facilitate the flow of visitors it will be necessary to arrive 15 minutes in advance of the time of the booking.
- It is obligatory to wear a mask (also for children over 6 years of age) during the reception procedures, the guided tour and at any time when it is not possible to maintain the interpersonal distance between visitors.
- It is obligatory to disinfect the hands before entering the site and the toilets.
- It is obligatory to maintain an interpersonal distance of 1 meter between visitors and 2 meters from the guide during the guided tours.