Accesses with restrictions.
Compulsory booking of admission tickets online or via callcenter.
Accesses with restrictions.
- european citizens between 18 and 25 years old, under the law 28.09.1999 n. 275, and subsequent amendments and additions through ministerial decrees.(austria, belgium, bulgaria, cyprus, croatia, denmark, estonia, finland, france, germany, greece, ireland, italy, latvia, lithuania, luxemburg, malta, the netherlands, poland, portugal, united kingdom, czech republic, romania, slovakia, slovenia, spain, sweden, hungary, swiss confederation, norway, liechtenstein, iceland)
- citizens under 18 years old from european union and no-eu countries
- italian permanent teachers or with fix-term contract upon presentation of the suitable certification issued by the schools
- the Archaeological Park of the Colosseum has determined some days during the year with free admission and without pre-sale. For more information, please refer to the page of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- european union’s tour guides in the exercise of their professional activity
- european union’s touristic interpreters in the exercise of their professional activity
- employees of the ministry for cultural heritage and activities
- members of icom (international council of museum)
- members of iccrom (international organization for conservation of cultural heritage)
- european union’s groups and students from public and private eu schools led by one teacher every 10 students, upon reservation
- teachers and students of architecture, conservation of cultural assets, learning sciences and degree courses in literature with archeology or art-history subject areas in the universities and art academies and enrolled in the respective improving schools, specialist studies and phd’s of the above-mentioned courses of every member state of the european union. the ticket is released to the students by showing a certificate of registration in the current academic year
- socrates and erasmus students of the above-mentioned degree courses
- art-history teachers in high-schools
- students of the following schools: central institute of restoration, opificio delle pietre dure, school for mosaic restoration
- journalists enrolled in the national register and journalists coming from any other country, in the performance of their duties and upon presentation of a suitable document proving the professional activity carried out
- people with disabilities and one family member or a helper belonging to the health and social assistance service
- volunteers who carry out promotion and dissemination activities of the cultural heritage, on the basis of the agreements concluded with the ministry, according to art. 112, paragraph 8 of the civil code
- AIRE Italians residing abroad
- Gates of the Colosseum
At Sperone Valadier.
It is strictly necessary to arrive at the dedicated access gate 15 minutes before the booked time, already in possession of his/her access admission ticket.
- Gates of the Roman Forum/Palatine Hill
Entrances: Arco di Tito, Varco Vignola in Via di San Gregorio, Largo della Salara Vecchia and Carcere Mamertino.
Exits: Largo della Salara Vecchia, Arco di Tito, Varco Vignola in Via di San Gregorio, Via Petroselli
- Ticket valid 24 hours from first use
- 1 entrance to the Colosseum at the booked time
- 1 open entrance to the Roman Forum and Palatine
- 1 open entrance to the Imperial Forum
- Admission to temporary exhibition/s
- Entrance to the Arena, Underground and III Level of the Colosseum
- Entrance to the SUPER sites (Oratorio dei Quaranta Martiri, Museo Palatinofirst floor, exterior of the casa di Augusto, Tempio di Romolo)
- The Colosseum an the Roman forum/Palatine/Imperial forum are open every day
from 2 January to 28 February 9.00 - 16.30
from 1 to 26 March 9.00 - 17.30
from 27 March to 31 August 9.00am - 7.15pm
Friday 15 April 2022 9.00am - 1.00pm
from 1 September to 30 September 9.00 - 19.00
from 1 to 30 October 9.00 - 18.30
from 31 October to 31 December 9.00 - 16.30
Last admission one hour before closing
- The Underground and the Arena of the Colosseum are open every day.
- The S.U.P.E.R. sites currently open to visitors (Temple of Romol, Palatine Museum only first floor, House of Augustus only exteriors and study, Oratory of the Forty Martyrs) are open from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm (last admission 3:15 pm).
January 1st, December 25th
- Mandatory reservation.
- Access to the entire class group will be allowed, both with teaching services and with external guides, and with their teachers.
- In case of mistakes by booking school tickets instead of ordinary group tickets or, in case the required conditions/documentations cannot be complied, it will not be possible to enter the monument and it will be necessary to buy new and correct entrance tickets, if available.
- For all types of tickets (full, reduced and free) only [email protected] mode will be available (no collection at the cash desk).
- EU SCHOOLS
EU students book the entrance free of charge.
Entrance tickets are free by showing a name list of the students and the teachers, divided in classes, on an official paper of the school signed by the headmaster.
- NON-EU SCHOOLS
Non-EU schools pay the entrance by purchasing the full ticket. Buy now.
Colosseum’s admission tickets will be free only for under 18 students. Buy now.
The group members over 18 will have to pay the full entrance fee.
There are no free tickets for accompanying persons.
Piazza del Colosseo, Roma
How to reach
Metro: Line B, Colosseum stop
Bus: n. 75 - 81 - 673 - 175 - 204
Tram: n. 3
- The entrances to the monument located along Via Dei Fori Imperiali are equipped with ramps
- The ground floor (first order) of the amphitheatre is accessible to wheelchair users
- The first floor (second order) is accessible by lifts
- Two wheelchairs are available at site, one for the ground floor and one for the first floor
- Suitable toilets are available on site
ROMAN FORUM AND PALATINE
- Face masks strongly reccommended. Find out more
In compliance with the provisions of the ordinances of the Ministry of Health of January 31, 2022 and February 8, 2022, we inform you that in the archaeological areas of the Colosseum Archaeological Park from 'February 11, 2022 until March 31, 2022:
- in open-air places remains the obligation to carry at all times the respiratory protective devices and to wear them in case of gatherings or crowding;
- in indoor places the obligation to wear respiratory protective devices remains in force (except for the previously exempted categories - children under 6 years of age and people with diseases incompatible with the use of a mask).
- Accesses with restrictions: it is possibile to admit (and can be used by individuals or groups of) up to 50 people (included includes adults, children, guides, escorts, etc).
- The guides with groups from 9 people have to use their own whispers. The use of wisper is always mandatory for the visit to the Underground.
The visitor, wearing a face mask, must arrive at the Park already in possession of his/her access admission ticket, 15 minutes before the booked access time. At the same time of the purchase, and included in the price of the ticket itself, the visitor will be sent a link to download, on his mobile device, the official App of the Park of the Colosseum, which is essential for the visit of the site. This App, to be activated before accessing the Park, has several functions:
_to communicate clearly and precisely all the procedures to be admitted to the entrance;
_to demonstrate the possession of the access ticket and any services purchased;
_to indicate the routes and the timing to better manage the visit;
_to offer audio content to discover the monuments and areas of the Park.
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray.
- It is forbidden to enter the monument with bottles, glass containers, alcoholic beverages and spray cans
- Comfortable shoes are recommended