The Library of the Albertina Academy of Fine Arts is housed in the neoclassical building that houses the Academy and the Albertina Art Gallery (so named because refounded by King Carlo Alberto in 1833).
The initial nucleus is due in 1778 to the director and professor of painting Laurent Pécheux. The bibliographical patrimony is about 35,000 volumes and is mainly artistic (art history and artistic techniques) and reflects the educational vocation of the institution. Of particular note is the Encyclopédie by Diderot-d'Alembert in its first edition, the art of connoiters les hommes par la physionomie, by Johann Caspar Lavater, and the classics of nineteenth-century artistic anatomy (Bertinatti, Gamba, Sabattini ), as well as a rich collection of international periodicals, often unavailable elsewhere and already the subject of valuable traveling exhibitions. The Cabinet of Drawings and Prints and the Photo Library are also annexed to the historical Library
The Library adheres to the BiblioTour Piemonte project, which promotes the biblioturism, where librarians present the site that houses the Library, illustrate the rooms, tell the origin of the preserved bibliographic funds, focusing the attention also on single significant specimens; illustrate the links with the Institution.