QUARTERLY OPENING JANUARY-FEBRUARY-MARCH 2020
Due to the launch of the new ticketing of the Archaeological Park of the Colosseum from next January 1, 2020, unlike what has been previously communicated, the opening of the sale of the Forum Pass Super and Full Experience tickets is postponed to December 27, 2019, in the same modalities previously communicated.
Friday, December 27 at 16:00
Full Experience tickets pre-sale with Arena access, available quarterly for January, February and March 2020 and monthly for January 2020 both online and call center.
Each customer can book a maximum of 50 items for the same date.
Forum Pass Super ticket pre-sale from January 1st 2020.
Friday, December 27 at 17:00
Full Experience tickets pre-sale with Underground access, available quarterly for the months of January, February and March 2020 and monthly for the month of January 2020 only online.
Each customer can book a maximum of 25 items for the same date.
Each customer can book a maximum of 6 items for the same time.
MONTHLY OPENING FEBRUARY AND MARCH 2020
- Pre sale of ordinary tickets with scheduled ordinary entrance of the Colosseum, both online and call center
7 January 2020 at 16:00 in the monthly availability of February
4 February 2020 at 16:00 in the monthly availability of March
- Full experience tickets with scheduled time admission to the Colosseum arena, both online and call center
8 January 2020 at 16:00 in the monthly availability for the month of February
6 February 2020 at 16:00 in the monthly availability for the month of March
- Full Experience ticket presale with scheduled entrance time to the basement of the Colosseum ONLY ON LINE
8 January 2020 at 17:00 in the monthly availability for the month of February
6 February 2020 at 17:00 in the monthly availability for the month of March
CALENDAR WITH THE GRADUAL RELEASE DATES OF TICKETS WITH SCHEDULED ENTRANCE OF THE COLOSSEUM
Every day at 3.00 pm (UTC+1) new tickets for the next day
Ticket for Colosseum and full experiece ticket - stern entrance
Every Monday at 5.00 pm (UTC+1) new tickets for the following week
Ticket for Colosseum and full experiece ticket - stern entrance
Every first Tuesday of the month at 5.00 pm (UTC+1) fot the following month
Undergrond ticket and englisk language tour
Every first Thursday of the month at 5.00 pm (UTC+1) fot the following month
- NEW METHOD OF CONFIRMATION FOR SCHOOL GROUPS FOR BOOKING MADE THROUGH AGENCIES AND TOUR OPERATOR
We inform you that, starting from 1sr January 2020 all bookings for European school groups visiting the Coliseum from January 1st made through agencies and tour operators must be validated by sending a certificate of the assignment received by an intermediary person. It has to be written on a school's letterhead, including the requested date, the number of students and of the tour leaders.
- Colosseum: privileged entry for visitors accompanied by their own tour guide available through the Stern entrance. Beginning on Monday, 15 July, all individual visitors accompanied by their own tour guide, up to a maximum of 13 people, will be able to take advantage of a dedicated access to the Colosseum through the Stern entrance. Tour guides and their groups can use the booking procedures already in place for ordinary entry to the monument and will be asked to present a list of all group members. They will then have access to a special entrance and itinerary meant to facilitate visits and improve visitor inflow at the Piazza del Colosseo entrance. On-site staff will be available to provide logistical support to tour guides, who will be free to lead their groups through all areas of the monument normally open to the public, with the exception of the arena floor.
- Please note that the free guide ticket for the arena access can now only be booked through the call center.It is confirmed that it is possible to book - also online- the free guide ticket of the underground of the Colosseum.
- We hereby inform you that, for a better management of the access flows to the Colosseum, the following changes will be made with immediate effect to the accesses at the ticket offices of the Colosseum Archaeological Park:
- Inside the Colosseum, in order to avoid the outgoing passage at the metal detectors, through which it is possible to enter only, any integration of tickets for groups will be made at the ticket office of the Arch of Titus. The payment methods accepted will be voucher exchange and credit card (no cash).
Reserved groups and individuals with their own guide who need to add free or full tickets, depending on the availability of remaining tickets, will have priority at this ticket office over individuals with a reservation.
- The licensed guides who need to collect their free nominal entrance ticket will have a priority reservation desk at the ticket office of Venere e Roma (Desk 5) and one inside the Colosseum (Desk 10). The latter will be available only to those who have already entered with their customers and must pick up the free guide ticket.
Guides and tour leaders must enter together with the visitors already in possession of a ticket and can only leave through the exit, not against the direction of the flow coming from the entrance. This measure is due to safety reasons, since inside the Colosseum it is not possible to pass through the metal detectors in opposite direction.
At the entrance of Salara Vecchia and Arco di Tito, priority access for security checks and to the turnstile will be given to guides already in possession of tickets, as well as to other entitled categories (disabled people and pregnant women).
Groups and individuals that have been mediated by the tourism industry (T.O., Travel Agencies, Guides) and are in possession of a cumulative ticket, must always be accompanied by a qualified guide or tour leader both inside the Colosseum and inside the Forum/Palatine, unless the intermediary is able to provide each customer with their own entrance ticket.
- DAYS WITH ADMISSION FREE
The direction of the archeological park of the Colosseum determined some free days without pre-sale.
More info on the web page of Colosseo, Foro Romano e Palatino.
Please note that during the free opening days the sites with special opening included in the Forum, Palatine and S.U.P.E.R. ticket and Chartago exhibition will not be accessible to the public.
- THE ENTRANCE TO THE UNDERGROUND AND/OR BELVEDERE MOVED AT THE STERN ENTRANCE, IN FRONT OF VIA LABICANA
Groups have to show the list on letterhead from the agency, containing the participants’ names and dates of birth. Licensed tourist guides have to show a signed declaration with the participants’ names and related dates of birth. Visitors with a booked fixed guided tour have to show a valid ID card at the ticket office.
- FREE FEES FOR ALL BOOKING SERVICES, GUIDED TOUR AND ASSISTANCE SERVICE FOR TOUR GUIDES FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION
We inform you that, under art. 4 c.3 a of DM 507/97 ss.mm.ii., as well as under circular 20/2016 DG MU, according to the directions of the Archaeological Park of the Colosseum, tour guides from the European Union are entitled, in addition to free admission, also to free fees for all booking services, guided tour and assistance service.
Info and booking
Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 1.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm
Saturday from 9.00 am to 2.00 pm