THE PARCO ARCHEOLOGICO DEL COLOSSEO IS READY TO REOPEN ON JUNE 1ST
New ticketing and four keywords: security, accessibility, hospitality, emotions
- Full price 16 euro, valif for 24 hours for Colosseum, Foro and Palatine
- A.R.T. (Afternoon reduced ticket) € 9,50, valid from 2 pm 14.00 until closign time of the sites.
Reservation tickets on line. App for maps and information to vist the site here
Access and security measures
- · Reservation of entrance required
- · At the entrance your body temperature will be checked. If a body temperature above 37.5 ° C is registered, you will not be able to enter the site.
- · You must wear the mask both at the entrance and during the entire visit
- · Always keep the safety distance of 1.80 m
- · Follow the signage positioned along the routes
Entrance only from “Sperone Valadier”
Visit routes _ reservation required
"The Colosseum is told" provides for the view to the basement from the 1st order, the ascent to the 2nd order, the visit of the permanent exhibition, the view from the terrace Valadier on the square of the Colosseum (estimated time 45 minutes). Accessibility will always be ensured to people with mobility difficulties with the use of elevators which have systematic sanitation interventions.
. "Colosseum-Arena" winds along the ground floor, always in line with full accessibility, up to the Libitinaria gate and from here with an emotional access on the arena floor (estimated time 40 minutes, reduced route, purchasable with the afternoon ticket - A.R.T.).
Foro Romano e Palatino entrance from Via dei Fori Imperiali, in Largo della Salara/Largo Corrado Ricci.
Reservation not required. 4 visit routes:
1. "The square of the Roman Forum" with exit from Via del Foro Romano (estimated time 30')
2. "Walking the Via Sacra" with exit from the Arch of Titus (estimated time 1 hour 30')
3. "From the Roman Forum to the Imperial Palaces" with exit from Via di S. Gregorio (estimated time 2 hours).
4. "At the origins of Rome", route along the southern slopes of the Palatine, with exit from Via di S. Gregorio (estimated time 2 hours and 30 minutes).
REDUCED FOR ALL TYPES OF TICKETS
for European Union citizens between 18 and 25 years of age, upon submission of an identity document.
reservation fee € 2.00
- Citizens under 18 years old from European Union and no-EU countries.
- Italian permanent teachers or with fix-term contract upon presentation of the suitable certification issued by the schools.
Others Free Condition
- European Union’s tour guides in the exercise of their professional activity;
- European Union’s touristic interpreters in the exercise of their professional activity;
- Employees of the Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities;
- Members of ICOM (International Council of Museum);
- Members of ICCROM (International organization for conservation of cultural heritage);
- groups of students from public and private schools of the European Union, together with their teachers upon reservation and within the quota established by the head of the school;
- Teachers and students of Architecture, Conservation of Cultural Assets, Learning Sciences and degree courses in Literature with Archeology or Art-History subject areas in the universities and art academies and enrolled in the respective improving schools, Specialist Studies and PHD’s of the above-mentioned courses of EVERY member State of the European Union. The ticket is released to the students by showing a certificate of registration in the current academic year;
- Socrates and Erasmus students of the above-mentioned degree courses;
- Art-History teachers in High-schools;
- Students of the following schools: Central Institute of Restoration, Opificio delle Pietre Dure, School for Mosaic Restoration;
- Journalists enrolled in the national register and journalists coming from any other country, in the performance of their duties and upon presentation of a suitable document proving the professional activity carried out;
- People with disabilities and one family member or a helper belonging to the health and social assistance service;
- Volunteers who carry out promotion and dissemination activities of the Cultural Heritage, on the basis of the agreements concluded with the Ministry, according to art. 112, paragraph
- Project “Born with Culture” (agreement with a three-year validity: from 29/11/2018 to 29/11/2021): a cultural passport for every newborn, that allows free entrance to the Park to the child and the family (up to 2 accompanying persons) until the baby’s first birthday.
Any right to a reduction or to a free admission has to be proved by the ticketing staff.
Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill are part of the Roma Pass network.
The reservation is mandatory. In the case the visitor arrive to the entrance without the Roma Pass ticket, it won’t be possible to access the monument, even if the visitor has the reservation.
TICKETS WITH ENTRANCE TIME FOR GROUPS AND INDIVIDUAL VISITORS
Access to the Colosseum, in this first phase, will be exclusively from the so-called "Sperone Valadier" and can be used by individuals or groups of up to 20 people, adequately spaced, who will enter every 15 minutes and will always be accompanied along the entire route.
The number of 20 pax includes adults, children, guides, escorts, etc., therefore no one can be added over 20.
The pre-sale of the admission tickets for individual visitors and groups is bound to a precise time. The reservation is mandatory.
The guides with groups from 10 people have to use their own whispers.
For all types of tickets (full, reduced and free) only the print @ home mode will be available (no cash collection).
The congruity of reduced and free will be verified by the access control. If the NON-correspondence of the adequacy of the reduced or free admission ticket is verified, a new ticket will be issued based on availability.
The visitor, wearing a mask, must arrive at the park already in possession of his / her access ticket, 15 minutes before the booked access time. Simultaneously with the purchase of the ticket, and included in the price of the same, the visitor will be sent a link to download, on their mobile device, an App essential for the use of the Park.
CALENDAR OF RESERVATIONS OPENING WITH GRADUAL RELEASE 2020
SCHEDULED ENTRANCE TIME TICKETS FOR THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL PARK OF THE COLOSSEUM
OPENING BI-MONTHLY AVAILABILITY JULY AND AUGUST 2020
Pre-sale of ordinary visit route ticket and visit route with Arena ticket A.R.T. for the Colosseum, on all sales channels, both online and via call center:
saturday 27th JUNE 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
OPENING DAILY AVAILABILITY
Pre-sale of ordinary visit route ticket and visit route with Arena ticket A.R.T. for the Colosseum, on all sales channels, both online and via call center.
For the use of vouchers from 1st July, rules will be published on the website www.coopculture.it.
If the daily availability on the sales platform runs out, in order to use vouchers, it will be possible to request your reservation to firstname.lastname@example.org.