Please note that for safety reasons the Coliseum can accommodate up to 3.000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors .
For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray.
It is confirmed the prohibition of bringing backpacks , camping , bulky bags and luggage / trolley, can be introduced medium and small size backpacks to shoulder, which must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by the Urbe Security Institute, responsible for the entrance inspection.
How to reach the site
Roma, Piazza del Colosseo
Metro: Line B - "Colosseo"
Bus: Line 75 - 81 - 673 - 175 - 204
Tram: Line 3
Services and Accessibility
school / group
Click Tour from the third entrance to the Coliseum to enhance enjoyment and accessibility.
From Monday August 29th 2016 you can book click tour, with access from the third entrance to the Coliseum, located on the side of the Stern (front via Labicana spur) from which they can access reserved groups with their own guide accredited for the period from October 31th to December 31th 2016
- streamlining of the queues on the front of the Colosseum
- incoming safety checks
- an alternative tour itinerary (click tour) intended to improve the fluidity of the current itineraries open to the public. These groups will have a direct access to the arena floor. From there they will visit the ring that overlooks the underground, and then will they take the ordinary circuit of visit of the monument.
Access and booking Click tour methods:
- groups from minimum 30 to maximum 50 people with accredited guide can only access.
- the accompanied group will follow a route that lasts about 20 minutes.
- at the end of the click tour the group will be accompanied in the ordinary circuit of visit and may decide to exit or to stay inside to freely visit the monument. Groups with their own guide must have their whispers, because there will no distribution of radio guides at the new entrance.
- during the reservation, you must communicate the number of participants and any reductions on tickets (full, reduced or free rate) for a total of at least 30 people and maximum 50 people.
- at the entrance of the new access, the group will have to compulsory deliver at the ticket desk the booking code and a list with the names and dates of birth of the participants.
- the service is not available during the free first Sundays of the month and the new access will be closed to the public.
- groups, which shall not exceed the maximum number of 50 people, will access with a 10 minutes
minimum interval, and will be accompanied during the route that will have a maximum duration of 20 minutes on the arena floor.
- the phone bookings will be possible from Monday, August 29th 2016, over the period October 31th to December 31th, calling the number at + 39 06 399 67 700
- Mandatory prepayment of tickets and booking fee (€ 2,00)
Each customer can reserve a maximum of two click tour slots a day
Full € 12,00; reduced € 7,50
Pre sale : € 2.00
(Reductions and gratuity under current regulations)
The same ticket grants access to the Colosseum tour circuit, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill and the current exhibition in the same circuit. It is valid 2 days in a row for a single entrance to the Colosseum and only one entrance to the Roman Forum - Palatine
- Current exhibitions at Colosseo, Foro Romano e Palatino circuit:
Santa Maria Antiqua tra Roma e Bisanzio in Santa Maria Antiqua Church at Foro Romano
Par tibi, Roma, nihil at Palatino
Rinascere dalle distruzioni. Ebla, Nimrud e Palmira at Colosseo
- First Sunday of the month at Colosseum
Every first Sunday of the month free admission for all visitors to the site during the ordinary opening time.
Info and Reservation
Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 1.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm
Saturday from 9.00 am to 2.00 pm
+39 06 399 67 700