It is forbidden to access the monument with bottles and glasses containers, alcholic beverages and aerosols.
OPENING RESERVATION FOR COLOSSEUM AND THE CENTRAL ARCHAEOLOGICAL AREA OF ROME FROM JULY TO DECEMBER 2017
From Thursday June 22, 2017 it will be possible to book for groups and individuals from July to December 2017 for:
- Colosseo , Foro and Palatino
- Museo Nazionale Romano
- Terme di Caracalla, Mausoleo di Cecilia Metella, Villa dei Quintili
- Siti ad apertura periodica
As agreed with the Superintendence, in order to prevent the stockpiling of groups entrance for the entire period of opening of the Colosseum reservations and to ensure more time available for the groups getting closer to the date of the visit, starting from January 2017, the reservations will be open with the following procedures:
60% of the available times put on sale:
- Thursday, June 22, 2017 for July 2017
- Monday, July 3, 2017 for August 2017
- Monday, July 31 for the period September - December 2017
- Monday, August 7 for September 2017
- Monday, September 4 for October 2017
- Monday, October 2 for November 2017
- Monday, November 6 for December 2017
monthly 35 % of the available times put on sale:
- Wednesday, June 28, 2017 for July 2017
- Monday, July 10, 2017 for August 2017
weekly 5% of the available times put on sale every Monday for the following week together with the annulled or cancelled shifts.
We inform you that it is possible to book the last group entrance 20 minutes before the closing time of the ticket office.
OPENING OF BOOKINGS FOR GROUPS FROM 1ST JANUARY TO 30TH JUNE 2017 CLICKS TOUR, WITH ACCESS FROM THE THIRD ENTRANCE TO THE COLISEUM, LOCATED ON THE SIDE OF THE STERN (FRONT VIA LABICANA SPUR)
We are glad to inform you that starting from Friday 23rd December 2016 at 9.00 am, it will be possible to reserve by Call Center and Online the Click Tour, for the period from 1st January to 30th June 2017.
Shown below, the reservation terms:
- groups with accredited guide can only access, with tour leader with license or with accompanying teacher when school groups
- groups should consist of minimum 14 and maximum 50 people. The costumer will have the chance to book for a second group (minimum 14 people) with the same reservation. In this case, each group will get two free tickets for the guides (without reservation fee) and two group tickets at a time (not more then two).
- it shoul be necessary to pay 14 tickets at full price and the booking for groups of 28 euros.
- it will be possible to change the kind of ticket (full, reduced, free) directly the day of the visit at the ticket office and add the payment of other tickets by credit card.
- at the ticket office it will be necessary to show the reservation code and a list on headed notepaper of the participants with their names and date of birth. Without this list on headed notepaper, the group won't be able to enter from this entrance and will be directed to the ordinary groups entrance, where they could enter, according the availability.
- the service is not available during the free first Sundays of the month and the new access will be closed to the public.
- groups, which shall not exceed the maximum number of 50 people, will access with a 10 minutes minimum interval, and will be accompanied during the route that will have a maximum duration of 20 minutes on the arena floor.
- every costumer will have the chance to do 5 (five) reservations each phone-call.
- every costumer will have the chance to book 5 (five) entrances a day. Each overbooking will be deleted.
- streamlining of the queues on the front of the Colosseum
- incoming safety checks
- an alternative tour itinerary (click tour) intended to improve the fluidity of the current itineraries open to the public. These groups will have a direct access to the arena floor. From there they will visit the ring that overlooks the underground, and then will they take the ordinary circuit of visit of the monument.
OPENING OF RESERVATIONS FOR UNDERGROUNDS OF COLOSSEUM AND BELVEDERE FOR NOVEMBER 2017
We inform you that on October 16th 2017 it will be possible to book the undergrounds and Belvedere tours for the month of November.
CURRENT EXHIBITIONS AT COLISEUM AND ROMAN FORUM/PALATINE CIRCUIT:
- Coliseum. An icon at Coliseum (until 7 January 2018)
First Sunday of the month at Coliseum
Every first Sunday of the month free admission for all visitors to the site during the ordinary opening time.