It is forbidden to access the monument with bottles and glasses containers, alcholic beverages and aerosols.
- Notice_ Opening of bookings for groups from 1st January to 30th June 2017 clicks tour, with access from the third entrance to the Coliseum, located on the side of the Stern (front via Labicana spur).
We are glad to inform you that starting from Friday 23rd December 2016 at 9.00 am, it will be possible to reserve by Call Center and Online the Click Tour, for the period from 1st January to 30th June 2017.
Shown below, the reservation terms:
-groups with accredited guide can only access, with tour leader with license or with accompanying teacher when school groups
-groups should consist of minimum 14 and maximum 50 people. The costumer will have the chance to book for a second group (minimum 14 people) with the same reservation. In this case, each group will get two free tickets for the guides (without reservation fee) and two group tickets at a time (not more then two).
- it shoul be necessary to pay 14 tickets at full price and the booking for groups of 28 euros.
- it will be possible to change the kind of ticket (full, reduced, free) directly the day of the visit at the ticket office and add the payment of other tickets by credit card.
-at the ticket office it will be necessary to show the reservation code and a list on headed notepaper of the participants with their names and date of birth. Without this list on headed notepaper, the group won't be able to enter from this entrance and will be directed to the ordinary groups entrance, where they could enter, according the availability.
- the service is not available during the free first Sundays of the month and the new access will be closed to the public.
- groups, which shall not exceed the maximum number of 50 people, will access with a 10 minutes minimum interval, and will be accompanied during the route that will have a maximum duration of 20 minutes on the arena floor.
-every costumer will have the chance to do 5 (five) reservations each phone-call.
-every costumer will have the chance to book 5 (five) entrances a day. Each overbooking will be deleted.
- streamlining of the queues on the front of the Colosseum
- incoming safety checks
- an alternative tour itinerary (click tour) intended to improve the fluidity of the current itineraries open to the public. These groups will have a direct access to the arena floor. From there they will visit the ring that overlooks the underground, and then will they take the ordinary circuit of visit of the monument.
- Notice: Opening reservation for Colosseum from January to June 2017
From Thursday December 1st it is possible to book for groups and individuals from January to June 2017 for:
_Colosseo , Foro and Palatino
_Case di Augusto and Livia
_Museo Nazionale Romanoording the availability.
_Terme di Caracalla, Mausoleo di Cecilia Metella, Villa dei Quintili
_Siti ad apertura periodica
It will be possibile to make reservation for group entrances from December 1st for the period until June 2017.
As agreed with the Superintendence, in order to prevent the stockpiling of groups entrance for the entire period of opening of the Colosseum reservations and to ensure more time available for the groups getting closer to the date of the visit, starting from January 2017, the reservations will be open with the following procedures:
- six months period 60% of the available times (next opening will be at the end of June 2017 for the period from July to December 2017)
- monthly 35 % of the available times put on sale the first Monday of the month for the following month together with the annulled or cancelled shifts
- weekly 5% of the available times put on sale every Monday for the following week together with the annulled or cancelled shifts.
Every first Monday of the month it will be possibile to book available montly and weekly group entrances:
Monday, December 5, 2016 for January 2017
Monday, January 2, 2017 for February 2017
Monday, February 6 for March 2017
Monday, March 6 to April 2017
Monday, April 3 for May 2017
Tuesday May 2 ( instead of Monday, May 1) for June 2017
We inform you that it is possibile to book the last group entrance 20 minutes before the closing time of the ticket office.
It will be possibile to book ONLY on website underground Tours for individuals and underground group entrances every third Monday of the month for the following month.
- Current exhibition at Colosseo, Foro Romano e Palatino circuit:
Santa Maria Antiqua tra Roma e Bisanzio at Foro Romano
From February 23 the Coliseum will host the exhibition Coliseum. An icon
- First Sunday of the month at Colosseum
Every first Sunday of the month free admission for all visitors to the site during the ordinary opening time.
Info and booking
- Opening Underground Reservation for January 2017
It will be possibile to book on website underground Tours for individuals and underground group entrances every third Monday of the month for the following month:
Monday, December 19, 2016 for January 2017
Monday, January 16, 2017 for February 2017
Monday, February 20 for March 2017
Monday, March 20 to April 2017
Monday, April 18 for May 2017
Monday, May 15 for June 2017
Any online bookings made before 9.00 am will be not valid.
Please note that the terms and conditions of sale, access and visit of the Underground of the Coliseum, shared with the Superintendence, are solely those notified directly by the Concessionaire and published on the site www.coopculture.it
- Prepayment by credit card required at booking
- The Grandi Clienti must also authorize the contextual debit on the deposit at Coopculture even without vouchers
- rates entrance for groups (max 50 pax) is € 50.00
- each customer can reserve only one (1) slot of maximum 25 places per day
- each customer can reserve maximum 6 places in the same individual guided tour
- each customer can make only one reservation per call
- any additional pre-sold ticket, although accepted and prepaid, will be canceled and will be refunded
- the groups slop of 10am and 2.40pm can be booked only by tourist guides
individuals and groups:
+39 06 399 67 700